Jakarta – Suzuki Motor Gujarat Private Limited (SMG), a 100% subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation for car production in India, has completed construction of Gujarat Plant No.2, and started production of Swift from January 2019.
Suzuki founded SMG in March 2014, which aims to secure production capabilities in preparation for the growth of the car market in India, as well as for export expansion from India.
Factory No.1 began operations in February 2017, and Plant No.2 and the Powertrain Factory are under construction, Suzuki said in a press statement on Friday (1/18/2019).
- Officially Launched, Here Is the Latest List of Avanza and Veloz Prices
- Sales of Mitsubishi Xpander are more than 115,000 units
- Latest Suzuki Jimy Unique Concept
Factory No.1 produced Baleno and Swift, while Plant No.2 produced Swift. Both factories have an annual production capacity of 250,000 units, which makes SMG’s ability to be 500,000 units. Together with Maruti Suzuki’s 1.5 million units production capability, Suzuki’s production capability in India will be 2 million units.
Suzuki car sales in 2018 are 1.75 million units (109% year-on-year) and production is 1.87 million units (108% year-on-year) in India. Along with Plant No.2, the Powertrain Factory also began operations, and the Company also started at Factory No. 3, which aims to start operating in 2020. Suzuki will continue to meet the growing demand for the car market in India.
Overview of SMG:
– Company name: Suzuki Motor Gujarat Private Limited
– Total capital: 86.8 billion rupees (100% investment)
– Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat (headquarters / factory)
– Production yields of 2018: 251,000 units
Overview of production models / parts Production capability
– Factory No.1: Baleno, Swift 250,000 units
– Factory No.2: Swift 250,000 units
-Total of 500,000 units
– Powertrain Plant: 1.2L gasoline engine capacity of 250,000 units; 5MT, AGS 160,000 units